- This event has passed.
YCEO | VIRTUAL BUSINESS TRAINING
January 15 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
YCEO is an 8-week virtual business training that will help you understand what it means to be an entrepreneur and what to do in order to validate your idea. Through the program, you will receive:
- Relevant and hands-on business training materials and tools
- Peer mentorship for your specific business idea
- Guidance on how to present your idea to business owners, guest speakers, and pitch competition judging panels
- An ‘in-the-streets’ walkthrough that will give you a first-hand look into the art of doing business
- A chance to win a $1,000 business grant (Note: This opportunity only available for graduates who are Candian Citizens or Permanent Residents)
- A chance to receive up to $1,000 towards professional development
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR YOU?
You are a perfect match for the program if you have a business idea but aren’t quite sure where to start or whether it’s worth pursuing and if you meet the following criteria:
- Are aged between 18 to 34
- Are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Temporary Resident (Funding programs are only available for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents)
- Have a personal net income of less than $35,000 per year
- Live in the province of Ontario (Note: Priority will be given to applicants residing in The Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area)
- Orientation will take place on January 15th, 2022 from 10 am to 1 pm.
- YCEO will take place over 6 Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm from January 22nd to March 5th, 2022.
- Our guest Ask An Entrepreneur panel session will be held Tuesday, March 8th, from 6 pm to 9 pm.
- The final pitch event and graduation day will take place from approximately 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday, March 12th.