George Brown College is committed to the health and safety of our employees and students and our procedures and policies are based on guidance from the government and public health officials. Mandatory health and safety measures are in place for students, employees and visitors granted access to college buildings.
We’re delivering most programs for our Spring 2021 semester online and most college employees continue to work remotely. Select operations have resumed at the college including:
- Limited in-class instruction that requires access to labs and facilities
- Reduced occupancy at The George, our student residence
- Limited access for clients of the WAVE Dental Clinic, by appointment only
- George Brown’s child care centres, including our Casa Loma Campus location
- Grab-and-go food market at The Chefs’ House, now called TCH Marketplace
Find all COVID-19 information at georgebrown.ca/covid-19
startGBC has been providing students with one-on-one coaching via online tools during the COVID-19 pandemic. You are always encouraged to continue to reach out to request meetings. Contact us via email: startGBC@georgebrown.ca or call: +1 416.415.5000 x5569
George Brown College is committed to providing as much support as possible to students, employees and community so the George Brown College Counselling team has put together some tips on coping with self-isolation and reducing stress, which we encourage you check out.
Although our campuses are closed until further notice, Counselling & Student Wellbeing services remain available to all students. Counselling Services can be reached by email at the addresses below:
- James Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Casa Loma Campus: email@example.com
- Waterfront Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Naturally this is a time of heightened anxiety. Please note that there are a number of services that can support mind wellness and so we encourage you to refer to the telephone and online mental health supports and services listed below:
- Good2Talk: 24-hour post-secondary support service, Phone: 1-866-925-5454 or text: GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- Distress Centre (GTA): 24-hour crisis line, 416-408-4357
- Gerstein Centre (downtown Toronto): 24-hour crisis line & mobile support service, 416-929-5200
- Spectra Helpline: 416-920-0497 or 905-459-7777 for Brampton and Mississauga residents
- Community Crisis Line Scarborough and Rouge Hospital: 416 495-2891 for 24/7 telephone crisis support
- Durham Crisis and Mental Health Line: 905 666-0483
- Oakville Distress Centre: 905 849-4541 for residents of Halton Region (Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville)
IF YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING A BUSINESS THEN VISIT OUR DEDICATED PAGE FOR COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCES
startGBC | Your Gateway To Entrepreneurship
Whether you are a current student of George Brown College or an alumni, startGBC’s resources are available to you to assist your entrepreneurial journey.
We remain open for online one-on-one consultations during the COVID-19 service disruption. Reach out today!
startGBC is your gateway to entrepreneurship at George Brown College. We are a physical and virtual hub. We connect students, alumni and the community with – resources, programs and support. Our goal is to foster a culture of entrepreneurship on campus and beyond.
We offer all students/alumni a fundamental toolkit of entrepreneurial best practices. Our focus is to help you develop entrepreneurial skills, and grow from ideation to commercialization.
startGBC collaborates/partners with all programs of George Brown College by delivering:
- On-line resources, directing students to learning & funding options available across Ontario & beyond.
- A collaborative workspace environment to learn & to develop your business idea.
- Guidance & advice from mentors & advisors, professional service providers & the startGBC team.
- Programming & events, including the #WhyNotMe speaker series. This series features alumni entrepreneurs & The Practical Entrepreneur workshop program.
At startGBC we strongly believe – collaboration creates innovation, so go forth and – collaborate, create and innovate!