- This event has passed.
The Future of Food Conference
February 22 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
About this event
Join us on Canada’s Agriculture Day for a virtual conference that will explore how to create long-term growth in agriculture and food while leaving a positive impact on our society and the environment.
The event will feature a panel with Casper Kaastra from Sollio Agriculture; Charlie Angelakos from McCain Foods; Alanna Koch from the Global Institute for Food Security at the University of Saskatchewan, and Samara Foisy from Loblaw Brands.
Special guest Terry O’Reilly, host of CBC Radio’s Under the Influence, will then take you through a journey to understand how organizations and businesses can achieve outstanding results when they apply “out-of-the-box” thinking.
We’ll also be joined by The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Food and Mary Robinson, President of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture.
Don’t miss out! Pre-registration is required.
This event is free. The event will not be recorded.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Eastern
Find the event time for your area.
- St. Johns, N.L. | 12:30 p.m. NST
- Halifax, N.S. | 12 p.m. AST
- Ottawa, Ont. | 11 a.m. EST
- Winnipeg, Man. | 10 a.m. CST
- Regina, Sask. | 10 a.m. CST
- Edmonton, Alta. | 9 a.m. MST
- Vancouver, B.C. | 8 a.m. PST
Introduction and welcome
- Darlene McBain, FCC Industry Relations Manager
- Mary Robinson, President, Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food
Industry discussion panel:
- Charlie Angelakos, Vice-President, Global External Affairs & Sustainability, McCain Foods Ltd.
- Casper Kaastra, Chief Executive Officer, Sollio Agriculture & Executive Vice-President, Sollio Cooperative Group
- Alanna Koch, Producer and Board Chair of the Global Institute for Food Security at the University of Saskatchewan
- Samara Foisy, Director of Product Development, Loblaw Co. Ltd.
- Terry O’Reilly, Host, CBC Radio, Under the Influence