WHAT IS ECHO?
Entrepreneurship for Cardiovascular Health Opportunities (ECHO) is a specialized experiential training program led by veteran entrepreneurs and consultants across a variety of sectors. ECHO provides innovators of cardiovascular technologies with entrepreneurship training, mentorship, networking, and funding opportunities.
To reach teams across Canada, ECHO is a fully virtual program.
ECHO 2022-2023 COMPETITION NOW OPEN
Complete both forms below and submit before 11:59 pm EST on Monday, August 8, 2022
- ECHO Application Form – submit to Soror Sharifpoor
- H2i Venture Application Form – submit online
- September 2022: interviews begin for select applicants
- October 2022: ECHO program begins
Ventures accepted into ECHO are required to:
- Participate in each online program module for 12 months beginning October 2022
- Attend a minimum of 80% of all virtual workshops and seminars
- Become an H2i member and engage with H2i mentors
- Participate in ECHO PITCH 2023, a final pitch competition, for the opportunity to win start-up funding
Any Canadian-based clinician, researcher, student and/or entrepreneur developing advanced cardiovascular technologies and innovations is eligible to apply. This is an ideal opportunity for researchers, postdoctoral fellows, clinical trainees and graduate students who are self-starters and want to refine their career path in a knowledge-based economy while retaining the opportunity to work in an innovation-based environment.
ECHO is a specialized experiential training program whose main objectives are to:
- Provide entrepreneurship training, mentorship, networking and funding opportunities for early ventures in the cardiovascular health sector
- Aid in transferring research innovations and intellectual property from academic and hospital institutions into the economy
- Create more start-ups in the cardiovascular health sector
Founded in 2018, this 12-month online training program is led by high-caliber entrepreneurial industry, policy, regulatory and clinical experts. It comprises five unique complementary module.