- This event has passed.
CNE Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition
Canada’s brightest innovators will converge in the CNE Gaming Garage Powered by AMD on August 28 to pitch their cutting edge inventions and compete for prize money.
The Pitch Competition Categories
Home, Everyday Living, and Leisure: This category will feature start-ups that focus on the connected home, everyday living essentials, education, travel, and leisure. The companies could be tech-based, app-based; and/or a physical product.
Food Tech and Urban Agriculture: Start-ups in this category will focus on innovation in food technology, new/improved food offering, solutions/opportunities for urban agriculture, or education. Companies can present a food product, app, technology, or other concept that fits within the theme.
Women Entrepreneurs: Companies in this category must be founded or co-founded by a woman entrepreneur. There is no specific theme for the type of company that can be presented and a woman must be the pitcher.
Health and Wellness: Competitors in this category must focus on products/services/technology that provides solutions to health and wellness concerns. There will be a focus on companies concentrating on our aging population and accessibility.
Indigenous Entrepreneurs: Companies in this category must be founded or co-founded by an indigenous entrepreneur. There is no specific theme for the type of company that can be presented.
$2000.00 cash prize per category.
How to Enter
- Complete the entry form found here
- To be eligible for the competition all applications are due by 11:59 pm on July 15, 2022.
- All contestants will be responsible for their own transportation and accommodation to participate in this event.
- The administrator, at its sole discretion, may accept or refuse entry forms that are late, incomplete or illegible.
- Along with your entry form, a YouTube video link to your pitch must be submitted at the same time as your entry. When preparing your YouTube video, make sure to insert “CNE Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition 2022” in the title of the video as well as your name. Videos not properly labelled may not be considered. Details of what to include in your video are found in the Entry Form.
- The judges will consist of a panel appointed by the administrator. The judges will review all video entries and entry forms and score them according to our judging criteria.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com
Download the Terms & Conditions.