Innovative Solutions Canada is a new program with over $100 million dedicated to supporting the scale up and growth of Canada’s innovators and entrepreneurs by having the federal government act as a first customer. Twenty participating federal departments and agencies will set aside a portion of funding to support the creation of innovative solutions by Canadian small businesses. If you’d like to learn more about Innovative Solutions Canada, please click here.
See below for ISC’s new challenges that require solutions from innovative entrepreneurs – closing September 17, 2018:
- HAPTIC SYSTEM – seeking an affordable, robust and good resolution bimanual haptic feedback stylus system that interacts, via Wi-Fi/Bluetooth mode, with mobile platforms.
- ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHY (EEG) & VITAL SIGNS INTEGRATED EXISTING VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY (VR/AR) HEADSETS – seeks the development of a user-friendly and robust device for monitoring electroencephalography (EEG) and multiple vital signs integrated into existing extended reality headsets.
- TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT OF COLD SPRAY– seeks to measure in-flight metal particle temperature in a coldspray process.
- AN INNOVATIVE PLATFORM TO FACILITATE EVIDENCE-INFORMED DECISION MAKING – seeking an innovative platform/platforms that will provide Canadians with immediate access to relevant, trustworthy, public health information adapted to their specific questions and needs, based on core content from PHAC in areas such as but not limited to immunization and travel health.
- EARTH OBSERVATION IMAGES PROCESSING AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – seeking an automated system outside of PHAC infrastructure that would enable the pre-processing of large sets of Earth Observation (EO) data and the storage and overlaying of user defined ground truth data (GT) on pre-processed EO images to help address a wide range of public health needs.
See below for ISC’s other challenges that are awaiting your solutions – closing July 31, 2018:
- HIGH ENERGY LASERS – requires the capability to detect and defeat non-cooperative objects by means of compact, efficient and robust laser sources.
- ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE SYSTEMS – seeking new solutions to advance the field of additive manufacturing technologies for the fields of defence and security.
- NIGHT VISION ERGONOMICS ENHANCEMENT – seeking innovative solutions for enabling the enhancement of Canadian Armed Forces operators’ vision such as night vision goggles and counterbalance.
- PLATFORM CORROSION DETECTION AND PREVENTION – requires new methods or processes to identify and detect corrosion and the development of proactive corrosion control measures.
Visit Innovative Solutions Canada to learn more and propose your solutions.
Are you interested in speaking to someone from Innovative Solutions Canada? The Innovative Solutions Canada team will be travelling across Canada to attend upcoming events! Find an event near you:
August 8-9, 2018: Vancouver, BC – Traction
August 9-10, 2018: Abbotsford, BC – Aerospace, Defence & Security Expo
August 27-29, 2018: Sudbury, ON – Aboriginal Business Match
September 19-20, 2018: Charlottetown, PEI – Invest Atlantic
September 24-25, 2018: Toronto, ON – Elevate
September 26-27, 2018: Toronto, ON – WBE Canada Annual Conference
September 28, 2018: Mississauga, ON – Experience Your Life Youth Event