YOUR GATEWAY TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Wellness Practice for Entrepreneurs
Mindfulness: Breathing and other simple practices to reduce stress
Mindful Meditation - Awareness of Body and Breath
Putting Thoughts on Trial - Webinar with George Brown College Counsellor
7 Easy Ways to be Mindful Every Day
- Practice mindfulness during routine activities like brushing your teeth, taking a shower or eating breakfast.
- Let your mind wander—it’s a good thing! Mindfulness is the act of noticing that your mind has drifted and gently bringing it back.
- Practice mindful activities like yoga and meditation first thing in the morning.
- Keep it short. Being mindful several times a day is more helpful than one lengthy session.
- Practice intentional breathing while you wait for the bus or stand in line at the grocery store.
- Pick a prompt such as drinking your cup of tea to remind you to breathe.
- Finally, learn to meditate and do so on a regular basis.
Toronto Public Library: Jon Kabat Zinn audio books, print books and CDs
Free local meditations: Meditation Toronto http://meditationtoronto.com
Youtube: numerous guided meditations and teachings (e.g. Jason Stephenson, Jon Kabat Zinn)
On-line articles: Greater Good—The Science of a Meaningful Life
Daily Thoughts: Jonathan Lockwood Hui (subscribe)
Stop, Breathe and Think – (Free, Android/iOS/web) http://stopbreathethink.org/
Take a Break – (Free, Android) http://www.meditationoasis.com/smartphone-apps/android-apps/
Calm – (Free, Android/iOS/web) http://www.calm.com/
Smiling Mind – (Free, Android/iOS) http://smilingmind.com.au/
Sattva – (Free, Android/iOS, web) http://sattva.life/