Learn entrepreneurial skills to achieve your personal and career goals.
Enjoy FREE UNLIMITED ACCESS today!
LinkedIn Learning is provided FREE of charge for the George Brown College Community, find out more information on George Brown College Library Learning Commons today: georgebrown.ca/llc
WHAT IS LINKEDIN LEARNING
LinkedIn learning is comprised of more than 5,000 online video tutorials covering topics on business, creative and technology topics.
It provides personalized recommendations based on user preferences and experiences, suggesting on-demand skills and related courses.
Instructors are industry experts. Learn from any industry and any skill, all in one place.
Learn anywhere, anytime, and at your own pace. LinkedIn learning provides scheduling and easy access for any platform.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT
1. Make sure you have an existing LinkedIn account. You can sign up here.
2. Log in with your GBC Credentials through access provided by GBC Library Learning Commons.
3. Link your FREE access to your LinkedIn Account, and voila!
Learn the foundations of what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur
- Identify issues in starting a new business as an entrepreneur.
- Distinguish between different methods of financing a startup business as an entrepreneur.
- Describe desired traits for a cofounder or partner for a startup business.
- Explain the benefits of engaging with early adopters.
- Explore ways to raise awareness of your personal brand.
- Differentiate between the types of advisers available to an entrepreneur.
Understand the main avenues for raising funds and how to market yourself
- List three variables that will affect the source of capital you choose to fund your company.
- Identify the best strategy most entrepreneurs can use for finding capital and investors for their company.
- Name two elements an entrepreneur must consider when determining the amount of capital their business will need.
- Cite two details that should be included in a business plan to help investors become familiar with what they will be funding and the term of their investment.
- Explain what the JOBS Act did to facilitate crowdfunding for entrepreneurs.
- Summarize the typical characteristics of an angel investor.
Learn how to make the transition from an employee to an entrepreneur
- Getting past your fears
- Breaking free
- Why you don’t need a big idea
- Defining marketability
- Building your network
- Planning your execution
- Finding your superpower
- Pricing your services
- Marketing yourself
- Committing to your business
- Creating an exit plan