Enterprising Youth Plus
January 10 @ 6:30 pm - February 28 @ 8:30 pmFree
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
EnterpRlSEing Youth Plus is right for you if you are an aspiring entrepreneur aged 16 to 29 and you self-identify as having experienced mental health and/or addiction challenges.
EnterpRlSEing Youth Plus is a hybrid program that combines the accessibility and flexibility of online learning with virtual support and coaching.
What does the program include?
- Online Learning: Complete 15 online learning modules on EnterpRISEing Youth that cover all the topics you need to develop a business plan
- Coaching: Gain support from your peers and business coaches over 4 live virtual workshops
- Financing: Once you graduate, you will receive a $300 start-up grant. You may be eligible to apply for a low-interest small business loan from Rise if you need additional start-up funds.
What are the benefits?
- Business development: Gain the skills and confidence to develop your idea and launch your business.
- Networking & Coaching: Network with like-minded individuals and build connections with local entrepreneurs and experienced business professionals.
- Financing: Successful grads may be eligible to apply for a low-interest small business loan through the Rise Small Business Lending Program.
Who: Open to youth ages 16 to 29
Where: Virtual delivery accessible across Canada
When: Rise will offer six (6) cohorts from January 2022 to March 2022:
- January 10 to February 28, 2022 — Mondays, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET
- February 8 to March 29, 2022 — Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET
- February 22 to April 12, 2022 — Tuesdays, 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
Cost: The program is free of charge to all participants.
*Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and will close approximately one week before the cohort start date*
Other: Are you a resident of Ontario? Check out our other youth entrepreneurship program here.
- Have a practical idea to start or grow your own for-profit small business (any size, full or part-time)
- Self-identify as having experienced mental health and/or addiction issue
- Have difficulty accessing traditional bank financing for your small business
- Be between the ages of 16 to 29