- This event has passed.
RICE Business Plan Pitch Competition
February 10, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The deadline to submit is Sunday, February 10, 2019 by 5:00 pm CST!
The Competition Includes:
- Real-world opportunities to learn what’s required to successfully launch a new business
- Chance to receive mentoring from investors and experienced entrepreneurs
- Scheduled opportunities to network with potential venture capitalists and other investors for three days
- High caliber of judges, all senior level investors, entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- Opportunities to receive individual feedback during three separate sessions
- 2018: $2.0 Million + in prize money was awarded with all teams winning at least one cash award
The goal of the RBPC is to provide the best overall educational and entrepreneurial experience of any business plan/new venture competition and we were very gratified by the feedback we have received from past competitors and judges.
Eligibility and Rules:
In general, any student startup team, in a broad range of industries, from any university, in any degree program can apply to the RBPC. Specifically:
- there must be at least one graduate-level student on the team, and the team cannot have passed certain milestones
- typically, the teams have a technology component in one of three sectors:
- Energy/Clean Technology
- Life Science/Biotechnology
- Information Technology
- Other Innovation (for those startups which don’t fit neatly in another category)
we encourage teams from multiple universities and across degree programs, but do not accept students in post-doc or certificate programs