- This event has passed.
RICE BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
January 31, 2022Free
Applications for the 2022 RBPC close January 31! Get the details here. Apply here!
The Largest and Richest Intercollegiate Startup Competition
The competition, entering its 22nd year, gives collegiate entrepreneurs real-world experience to pitch their startups, enhance their business strategy and learn what it takes to launch a successful company. Hosted and organized by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship—which is Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship—and Rice Business. Over 20 years it has grown from nine teams competing for $10,000 in prize money in 2001, to 54 teams from around the world competing for more than $1.6 million in cash and prizes. For the first time in competition history, the 2021 event showcased 54 student-led startups.
We will be in-person on the Rice University campus April 7-9, 2022. Join us!
YOU ARE INITIALLY ELIGIBLE IF YOUR STARTUP:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2021
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2021
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
If you can answer all those questions with “Yes,” then your startup appears eligible! Please read the full details on eligibility and what we will be looking for an application—this will help you submit the best application possible!
Applications are open November 1, 2021 through Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST. Apply here.