- This event has passed.
Investing In Our Diversity (IIOD) Scholarship
March 28, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 28, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
The Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship Program recognizes the commitment of young people involved in community leadership, anti-racism or diversity initiatives, and in building safe and healthy communities.
Eligible applicants can receive up to $4,000 to cover tuition fees and school related expenses for postsecondary education or training.
Who is eligible? Youth who are:
- Attending postsecondary school in September 2019/January 2020
- 29 years of age or younger (as of May 2019)
- Not previous recipients of IIOD Scholarship
- Toronto Community Housing tenants or live in the Scadding Court Community Centre catchment (see application for details)
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM OFFER ME AS A STUDENT? A scholarship recipient can receive:
- Up to a $4,000 scholarship award towards tuition fees for the first year of a full-time postsecondary education or training (college, university, trade school, or apprenticeship)
- Opportunity for second-year scholarships of up to $4,000 to be applied directly to tuition fees, if you attend one of the following institutions:
- Ryerson University, University of Toronto, York University, Humber College, George Brown College, Seneca College, Centennial College or OCAD University
You can email your application to email@example.com or mail to/drop off your completed application package at:
Toronto Community Housing
Attn: Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship 931 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4W 2H2
Attend an info session to learn how to make your application stand out.
*TTC tokens and light refreshments will be provided.
Date: Wednesday, Febrary 27, 2019
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Venue: 341 Bloor Street West, 2nd floor recreation room (Bloor West and Huron Street)
Call 416-981-6300 to RSVP. Visit torontohousing.ca/iiods for more information.