- This event has passed.
How to Start a Food Business
June 15 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm$28
Got an idea about starting a food business? Want to learn more before you “venture” into a food business? Looking to find out how to search for a licensed industrial kitchen, in Toronto, that can help you get your venture off the ground? Or just got a delicious recipe you eventually want to cook up into a money making business? Then be sure to attend this valuable morning workshop on “How to Start a Food Business”.
The workshop is being hosted by The City of Toronto Economic Development and Culture Division and delivered in partnership with Enterprise Toronto.
You will hear from Michael Wolfson, City of Toronto Economic Development & Culture’s Food & Beverage Sector Specialist about:
- How to set up the structure of your business
- What is required to set up a food manufacturing entity
- How to Brand your Identity
- How to Cost out your Pricing Proposition
- Where to go to get additional help in getting your business off the ground.
You will hear directly from a food service expert about the paths and pitfalls of setting up a new restaurant, café, or catering operation.
- How to find the right location
- What costs to consider before venturing into a location
- Picking the right theme and venue for your operation
- What is the best way of entering into the food service sector
And finally you will hear from a representative of the District Ventures Kitchen (formerly Food Starter).
- How to apply to the program.
- What equipment is available in the facility?
- What type of programming and assistance is offered to clients?
- What other services are available to the start-up food community in Toronto?
If you want to find out the do’s and don’ts of starting a successful food business, don’t miss this event!