- This event has passed.
BMW 360° Sustainability Challenge
June 28, 2021Free
BMW Sustainability Challenge
German automotive manufacturer BMW has set an ambitious CO² reduction target of 200 million tons by 2030 involving all aspects of the corporation’s products and operations. A key factor in achieving this target is the integration of latest technologies and solutions originating from the global start-up community. BMW’s tech scouting platform BMW Startup Garage is managing the sustainability challenge and offers their proven “venture client” model to allow start-ups to participate as a registered supplier in proof-of-concept projects involving remuneration.
What kind of startups are we looking for?
- Your product, service or technology has a compelling use case to improve the sustainability of any BMW Group Division: Automotive, Mobility Services, Manufacturing, IT, Sales & Marketing or HR. Your solution can originate from or be applied to other industries.
- There is a functioning prototype or working product. Prototypes must be mature enough to be integrated and validated in a BMW Group Division.
- Your startup has a full-time team including CEO, CTO, CMO, and/or other chief level positions.
- The startup has graduated from an equity accelerator or has funding from a professional venture capitalist.
- It must be a legal entity of any country. (Inc., LLC, GmbH, etc.)
- Recyclable materials – seeking “Out of the box thinking, innovative concepts and solutions we haven’t discovered yet.”
- Sustainable Supply Chain – seeking “ Innovative solutions to analyze, optimize and verify our goals and sustainability standards in our supplier network”
- Energy-efficient production – seeking “ Technologies that reduce energy consumption within the BMW production system, solutions that can scale across all BMW plants worldwide”
- Mobile Intelligence – seeking “Technologies that allow for a joyful and environmentally conscious driving experience”
- Intelligent Building Management – seeking “Solutions which focus on the whole EV experience of our employees, not only on a single charging use-case”
- Customer-centric Mobility – seeking “Solutions to better identify customer preferences and optimize our recommendations to customers”
- Sustainable Technologies – seeking “Solutions that enable reusability and circular practices and ways to implement disruptive new technologies throughout the product life cycle”
The application deadline is June 28th.
Selected applicants will be invited to pitch their solutions to BMW on July 22 with winning applicants showcased at the IAA Mobility event in Munich in September.