About BDC Small Business WeekTM
BDC Small Business WeekTM, Oct. 16-22, is an annual event that celebrates Canadian entrepreneurship and is now in its 42nd edition. Close to 10,000 businesses owners annually take advantage of this event to learn, network and celebrate entrepreneurship.
BDC Small Business WeekTM is going completely virtual for the second year. Events include:
- On October 18 at 12 p.m. EDT, a one-hour conversation with the following participants:
- Hosted by Isabelle Racicot of Rouge FM, Virgin Radio
- BDC President Isabelle Hudon will discuss her vision for BDC and why Canada’s recovery should be done with inclusivity, innovation and sustainability.
- Pierre Cléroux, Vice President, Research and Chief Economist, BDC, will speak about the main challenges facing entrepreneurs.
- Tareq Hadhad, CEO and Founder of Peace by Chocolate, and Lauren Rathmell, Co-Founder, Lufa Farms, will both participate in a round-table discussion to talk about inclusivity, innovation and sustainability, three important pillars of our country’s future.
- On October 20 at 11:30 a.m. EDT, join Pierre Cléroux for a live event during which he’ll provide an overview of the Canadian economy and the main indicators to watch. You will also learn about the big trends reshaping our new business environment and the tangible implications for business owners.
- On October 21 at 12 p.m. EDT, Diversity and inclusion 101 – Join Devika Pandey Manager, Learning and Knowledge Solutions at the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI), and Steve Yan, Senior Advisor, Diversity & Inclusion, BDC, for practical strategies and initiatives on D&I for your business.
BDC works alongside many knowledgeable organizations such as Futurpreneur and WeConnect International to offer valuable content during this unique week. Entrepreneurs can benefit from their expertise by joining these special events. For more information on SBW events visit: https://www.bdc.ca/en/small-business-week/events.