- This event has passed.
Apparel Manufacturing Pre-Production Boot Camp For Start-ups
February 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$295
Sew…You’ve got an awesome idea, along with designs that you want to manufacture!
But how do you get there? How do you do it in a way that makes you profitable? Creating a successful fashion brand is tricky.
Straight up, you need to be able to strategically work through and manage product development so you can bring in the moolah and do what you love. If you want to grow your brand, keep your costs down and speed up delivery times – understanding product development is the key to getting your designs successfully manufactured. Not only will you feel more in control, but you will also move ahead with much more confidence; partner with a garment manufacturer and you’ll do it all while ensuring that your customers get the highest quality merchandise faster and at a better price.
Do you want that win-win-win in your business? Of course, you do, let me walk you through all the steps to successfully get your products manufactured.
Stop thinking. Start Creating.
During this workshop, we will focus on your idea (not just slides here people), work through the steps of creating a pre-production package, starting with analyzing your idea to ensure its a profitable and viable business idea.
Who is this workshop for?
If you have an idea and want to understand what are the steps you need to get your product manufactured both domestically and offshore. This workshop is valuable for entrepreneurs who are determined to make their dreams happen and make some money.
What you will learn (nothing Google can teach you):
- Clarity worksheet- Before we dive in, I’ll send you a worksheet to clarify where you are and what you want to achieve.
- Review the pre-production checklist- (20 steps to get you production ready)
- Feasibility- Look at both primary and secondary research to develop a targeted business strategy that’s based on cold hard facts rather than on feelings. Learn how to analyze the data, instead of just gathering useless information.
- Deliveries & Time Management- How to plan for production- stay on track and meet your goals – using design/work back schedule and time and action calendar.
- Budgeting, Pricing & Target Costs- How to price your products for retail and budget how much you will need for production. Figure out how much your products will cost before you manufacture. Learn about sampling budgets.
- Designing For Production-how to shop the market, create sketches and finalize a line plan for an order and prepare for the next one. Review the entire product dev process. (how does it work) Understand, Select and source fabric. (the most expensive component of your design)
- Gather information fit, fabric, quality, trims etc for the tech pack. How to prepare to work with a tech pack designer to create the blueprint for your product. Create a line sheet. Labelling, artwork, packaging etc that goes into the tech pack
- Creating prototypes- How to find and work with a pattern maker, sample maker and fit model. How to conduct a fit session and make comments. Organizing all the paperwork.
*Expert Product Developer Stephanie Mcneil From McNeil Design Group will join us to give up expert tips and trick on creating prototypes and working with a sample maker. Check out their website here.
*Local Factory Meet & Greet – Local Manufacturing Expert Cat from Pigeons and Thread joins us to give us some insider tips on saving money on local manufacturing and will have all your questions answered. To learn more see here.
What you will get:
- Pre-production checklist
- Smart Goals Work Sheet
- Primary market & secondary research guides
- Competitor matrix template
- Shopping the market cheat sheet
- Market Analysis Template (SWOT)
- Target, wholesale, retail cost calculator template
- Production budget planning template
- Fabric Vendors Database (over 2000 + suppliers)
- Initial tech pack creator and final tech pack
- Work back schedule template
- Guide to identifying and classify seams & stitches
- Trims and Embellishments guide
- Apparel Industry Templates all worth over $250!!!!
- PLUS !!! 30 min one-on-one private consult
- Lunch Is Included- Yaas!
**Limited spots available for a more personalized experience. (12 person max)