- This event has passed.
3D Modelling with Fusion 360
July 7, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Alex will demonstrate the basics of the design workspace in Fusion 360 and answer questions from participants while creating 3D models from real objects and technical drawings.
You Will Learn
- How to access Fusion 360 at home.
- How to navigate and orient objects within the workspace, use the view cube, create sketches on planes and create reference geometry from existing features.
- How to create 2D sketches and apply dimensions.
- How to project reference images onto sketch planes and calibrate them to scale.
- Use the extrude, revolve, sweep and loft commands to create 3D geometry.
Alex is a senior studio technician in the digital fabrication, woodworking and electronics studios at Launchpad and a multi-disciplinary fabricator of tcotchkes and bric-a-brac across a wide spectrum of usefulness. He studied engineering technology at George Brown and art at Brock University.
Join Zoom Meeting
Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts. Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien.