Who it’s for? The Girl Connected Mentorship Program will provide up to 20 aspiring female professionals the chance to participate in a one year one on one mentorship with an industry giant based on their field of interest. Professional ambitions and goals. Applicants will be selected based on defining values of resiliency, integrity, authenticity, and collaboration.
To be considered or the program applicants must be:
- Interested in starting a career/land an entry-level position or currently working in the entertainment industry with goals to advance.
- An aspiring entrepreneur who needs the right guidance and structure to launch or grow their brand.
What it’s about? Girl Connected seeks to empower determined young women with a multilevel platform that provides the necessary framework for professional success, inspiration, and growth. The main focuses will include music business and administration, event production, touring, public relations, brand building, digital marketing and more.
How does it Work? Once selected members will be required to attend quarterly meetings with their mentors where they communicate any questions or concerns, discuss projects, strategy, and complete appropriate evaluations.
Mentees will also have the opportunity to work and share space on a weekly basis with the GirlConnected program leader as well as founder, to truly ensure they are provided with the tools they need to succeed. Lola Media Group CEO and Girl Connected founder Lola Plaku, will also be available throughout the process for additional feedback, overview and program support for mentees
Where and When? GC mentorship program will launch its first membership-based chapter in Toronto in January 2020.
Why? To truly flourish to a new level of success, one must be equipped with knowledge resources and experiences. Working together to create a positive culture based on building influence, exercising power and cultivating success. GIRL CONNECTED and its partners strive to establish a community based on truly grooming aspiring female professionals.
How to apply? Applications are now being accepted via www.beagirlconnected.com with two easy steps.
- Submit your expression of interest (email) on the website.
- You will receive a link to start your application.
- The deadline to submit an application is November 14, 2019, at midnight EST.
Within the application be prepared to submit the following…
- A 500 word (min) word essay describing the profession you are interested in and what you believe it entails, professional resume, optional reference letter, and headshot photo.
- Your top 3 professional goals and why you want to be a part of the Girl Connected Mentorship program and what you hope to gain.
- Your social media page links to your work and accolades.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org